TOWN OF NORTH STAR
CALL TO ORDER, WELCOME, AND PLEDGE OF ALLGIANCE – DICK, 6:30 pm
ATTENDING – Supervisors Dick Dillon, Gary Mantay, Janet Keough, Treasurer Donna Elsbury, Deputy Treasurer Ray Barnes, Clerk Mary Hellman, and FD Asst. Chief Gary Mantay. Guests: Sue Forbragd, Denise Anderson, Bruce Olsen
October 2022 MINUTES REVIEW AND APPROVAL – Motion to accept with corrections by Jan, second by Gary. Vote: All ayes.
REVIEW AND APROVE OCTOBER 2022 PAYROLL AND CLAIMS –Motion by Jan to accept payroll and claims. Second by Gary. Vote: Jan – aye, Gary – aye. Dick – aye.
TRANSFER – DONNA
Transfer – Donna reported the Transfer amount of $18,337.61 for checks #8467 – #8486. PERA AMOUNT OF $_54.00_, and checkbook balance – $300.00.
TREASURER COMMENTS – DONNA
- Checked the payment amount of $12,743.00 for the fire truck and it was correct. This is reflected in the transfer.
CLERK COMMENTS – MARY
- Clerk reports She and Donna attended the training offered by MATT on Nov. 2nd, 2022 at Ellsburg Town Hall (Melrude), regarding End of Year procedures for clerks and treasurers. They found it very valuable and will be able to use the information presented at the meeting.
- The clerk thanked Donna and Jan for providing lunch and treats for the election judges during the recent election. It helped make the long day go very well!
CORRESPONDENCE – Bruce Olson arrived somewhat late to the meeting but will return to December’s board meeting to review results from this year’s Well Water Testing. Would like to discuss doing another testing in 2023.
FIRE DEPARTMENT – Gary reported there was one medical call this month.
MAINTENANCE – Dick
- Dick reported the door stop has been replaced.
- Mosquito Squad – The Board discussed the use of a mosquito control at the Hall in 2023. Donna would need to submit payment this month to lock in the price. A motion was made by Jan to continue to retain the Mosquito Squad’s services the coming year (4 treatment pkg). Gary seconded. Vote: Jan, Gary ayes, Dick – nay. The motion passed.
RECYCLING – Jan reported there is nothing new, all is going well.
WEBPAGE / E-NEWS COMMUNICATIONS REPORT – Jan reported an e-Newsletter went out. She will check to see how many people are receiving the e-News. Also, the Website Domain and plugins were updated in a timely manner.
ROADS – Gary reported that the township roads are snow covered and slippery.
NEW BUSINESS – Sue Forbragd, an election judge, wanted to let the board know that a gentlemen came into vote at the recent election who uses a wheelchair. He had no problems but she was concerned. She was wondering if it would be helpful if the hall entrance door would have cracks filled for safety. The board felt that this would be a good thing, along with a sign stating there is access through the front fire door and “If Assistance Is Needed Please Knock.”
SHORT TERM RENTALS (STR) – Denise represented the Citizen’s Committee and presented a report for the board regarding what they found out regarding STR. There will be a vote by the board in December on a Moratorium to cease any new STRs starting in North Star Township for one year.
REVIEW OF DUTIES – Gary will call the Mosquito Squad to say our board approved their offer. They need to start the treatments the week of MAY 22nd before the weekend of Memorial Weekend so it’s done in time for the Pancake Breakfast event. Donna will cut a check for this.
UPCOMING EVENTS –
NEXT TOWN BOARD MEETING – December 20, 2022 AT 6:30 PM AT NS HALL
ADJOURNMENT – There was a motion to adjourn the board meeting at 7:45 pm by Jan, seconded by Gary. All ayes.
Minutes respectfully submitted,
Mary Hellman, Clerk